“Well the weather outside is frightful, and some cookies sound so delightful.” That’s definitely how the song goes, right? I don’t know about you, but at ANY point during the holiday season, I will gladly accept whatever festive drinks and baked goods come my way…I can honestly never get enough! And, since we’re now in the heart of the holiday season, it’s time to embrace and indulge in what makes this time of year so special- spending time with family and friends, fun winter activities, and of course, allllll of the sweet treats! If you or your loved ones enjoy cookies and peppermint mochas, keep scrolling because we have JUST the recipe for you. These tasty cookies are the perfect companion for your walks around the neighborhood to see holiday lights, to set upon your holiday cookie tray, or during a cozy night in. Just thinking about them makes my mouth water, so excuse me while I go grab one from the kitchen and come back to write everything out!
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 10-12 minutes, Total Time: 25-27 minutes
One batch makes around 30-32 cookies!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon espresso powder (we used Beantween’s Espresso Roast and ground it up into a very thin powder consistency)
3/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened, at room temperature)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 large candy canes (crushed)
*Cookies contain caffeine.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, espresso powder, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Place this bowl of dry ingredients to the side.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature. Cream the butter and sugar in a separate bowl by beating together with an electric mixer for around one minute on medium speed. The result should be smooth and fluffy.
- Next, add in the egg, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Beat on high until well- incorporated.
- Change the beating speed to low as you add in the bowl of dry ingredients. After beating for thirty seconds, switch to using a spatula. Continue until the batter is mixed thoroughly and then slowly fold in the chocolate chips.
- When the dough is ready, scoop out 1 tablespoon and roll into a ball. Continue until the cookie sheet is full, placing each cookie about 1 inch apart. *Tip: I think they cook better if you press them down a bit before they bake!
- Place cookies in the oven for 8 minutes. While you wait for the cookies, crush up 2 large candy canes by placing them in a medium-large sized plastic bag and crushing on a hard surface.
- At the 8 minute mark, take the cookies out and sprinkle on the crushed candy cane. Place cookies back in the oven for another 3-4 minutes, checking regularly.
- Once the cookies are done, take them out and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Eat & enjoy!
This is just one of the many ways that you can enjoy Beantween Coffee this holiday season. Let us know on our Instagram page (@beantweencoffee) how your cookies came out or how you’ve decided to use your coffee in unique ways! The possibilities are endless and we would love to hear from you. From our family to yours, we wish you a healthy and happy holiday.
Written By: BeanBlogger, Lindsay Frazin ❤️☕️